Wondering what to do on the Sunshine Coast? You'll definitely be spoiled for choice; with so many things to do, Queensland's Sunshine Coast is known for sunny weather, great beaches, fun attractions and activities, and plentiful accommodation options. Whether you are staying at Noosa, Caloundra or Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast, you will be sure to find plenty to do outside the room of your resort or outside the camping ground.
As for what to do on the Sunshine Coast if travelling from either overseas or interstate, make the most of your holiday and spend a day at Steve Irwins famous Australia Zoo or let the wildlife float above you at Underwater World. Another great offer for visitors combines both of these attractions in the Animal-action-pass. Explore Fraser Island with a day trip or an extended stay, then visit the Sunshine Coast hinterland out in the Glasshouse Mountains. The best way to experience all the things to do on the Sunshine Coast is to hire a car, otherwise there are plenty of transfer or tour options, especially between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. Also, be sure to check out our Sunshine Coast itineraries page for some suggestions on how to utilise your time there!
Getting to the Sunshine Coast
Depending on where you are travelling from, fly directly to the Sunshine Coast Airport or to the Brisbane Airport and take a shuttle to your accommodation. You may also want to catch a train or bus. Alternatively, hire a car and drive yourself to the Sunshine Coast!
- The Sunshine Coast Airport is located in Marcoola, ten kilometers north of Maroochydore. Over 60 flights a week use this airport. Central to the rest of the region, this airport provides the most direct access to the Sunshine Coast by air.
- The Brisbane Airport is located just 75 minutes from the Sunshine Coast. It is a larger hub than the Sunshine Coast Airport, receiving many international flights daily from a wider range of carriers. For this reason, many travelers fly into Brisbane when visiting the Sunshine Coast.
- Qantas, Ph: 13 13 13
- Virgin, Ph: 13 67 89
- JetStar, Ph: 13 15 38
- Air New Zealand, Ph: 13 24 76
- Emirates, Ph: 1 300 303 777
- Air China, Ph: +61 2 9232 7277
- China Airlines, Ph: +61 2 9231 5588
- British Airways, Ph: 1 300 767 177
- Cathay Pacific, Ph: 13 17 47
- Japan Airlines, Ph: +61 2 9272 1111
- Malaysia Airlines, Ph: 13 26 27
- Singapore Airlines Ph: 13 10 11
- Thai Airways, Ph: 1 300 651 960
- Vietnam Airlines, Ph: 1 300 888 028
- Rex, Ph: 13 17 13
- Tiger Airways, Ph: +61 3 9335 3033
There are several companies that provide door-to-door shuttle services.
- Con-X-ion will pick you up from the Sunshine Coast or Brisbane Airports and drop you off at the door of your Sunshine Coast accommodation.
- Click here for a more complete list of airport shuttles offered from the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane Airports.
From the Sunshine Coast Airport:
- Suncoast Cabs, Ph: 13 10 08
From the Brisbane Airport:
- Black and White Cabs - http://blackandwhitecabs.com.au, Ph: 13 32 22
- Yellow Cab Ph: 13 19 24
- Ride the Airtrain to the Nambour or Beerwah train stations and take on-land transport to get to your accommodations from there.
- The QueenslandRail brings people on journeys throughout all of Queensland.
Relax and let someone else do the driving by traveling in a coach bus. Look into the many routes offered by one of the largest carriers, Greyhound, Ph: 13 14 99.
Several car rental operators have desks at the Sunshine Coast Airport and at the Brisbane Airport. Alternatively, hire a car from our partners, Vroom Vroom Vroom, and receive the cheapest car rental rates—guaranteed!