IPIPIRI OVERNIGHT CRUISE
Fully immerse yourself in the Bay of Islands’ beauty on this memorable and unique overnight cruise aboard Ipipiri! Departing just after lunch, you have the day, evening and following morning to take in the Bay’s spectacular natural landscapes and learn about its rich heritage.
Sit on the rooftop deck, relax in your room complete with oversized exterior windows or lounge at the restaurant and bar to enjoy uninhibited views of the shining waters, the secluded islands, the wildlife and the iconic natural wonders, as well as of the stunning sun set and sun rise. If you wish, take a dip and go for a snorkel or go kayaking in the pristine waters. Further, as you travel to New Zealand’s birthplace, learn of the area’s fascinating history and cultural significance.
The cruise is designed to be relaxing, so you don’t have to worry about meals! When you arrive, enjoy a homemade muffin and tea or coffee; for dinner, you indulge in a full buffet dinner, showcasing local Northland cuisine; and, in the morning, a hot country breakfast awaits you! Further, the vessel, Ipipiri, is equipped with 30 ocean view cabins spread over two floors, each including full-sized ensuites, so you are always comfortable and have access to optimal views!
- 2 day cruise onboard Ipiriri
- Overnight accommodation in a panoramic sea view room
- Full coach transfer
- Homemade muffin plus tea/coffee on arrival
- Complimentary activities: snorkelling, kayaking and island walks
- Ocean view cabin with private en suite
- 3 course buffet dinner with fresh local produce
- Cooked and continental breakfast
- Interactive onboard commentary exploring the history, wildlife and ecology of the Bay of Islands
- Extensive viewing decks, including a large rooftop sundeck
- Unlimited tea and coffee
- Fishing and guided walks (available at an additional cost)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Days of Operation
This cruise operates every day from 1 September to the 31st of May (subject to weather and conditions). This cruise does not operate in June, July or August.
- Relax as you cruise the tranquil and sheltered waters of the Bay of Islands on the newly launched small cruise vessel Ipiriri
- Overnight accommodation in a king or twin bedded state room with large exterior windows and full-size ensuite
- Complimentary coffee and tea throughout 2-day cruise
- Enjoy afternoon tea, full buffet dinner and breakfast
- Free use of the snorkeling and kayak equipment
- Full commentary on the history of the Bay of Islands
- Hotel pickups available from Auckland city hotels and Paihia hotels
- 7.30am - Coach option, hotel pickup from Auckland hotels
- 11.30am - Coach option, hotel pickup from Paihia hotels
- 12.30pm - All guests check in at the Maritime Building
- 1.00pm - All guests depart the Maritime Building to Opua to board Ipipiri
- 1.30pm - Vessel departs Opua.
- 1.30-3.00pm - Vessel cruises through the sheltered waters of the Bay of Islands. Afternoon Tea is served (assortment of freshly baked muffins and coffee/tea).
- 3.00pm - 5.30pm - Afternoon activities
- 7.30pm - Buffet dinner is served
- 9.00pm - Relax, unwind, view the stars and take in the stillness of staying overnight on a luxury catamaran anchored in a sheltered bay
- 6.30am - Coffee and tea
- 7.30am - Breakfast to be served in The Dining Room
- 8.30am - Optional activities available departing from Ipipiri. (These must be pre booked the evening before)
- 9.00am - Vessel departs for Cruise back to Opua
- 9.30am - Optional activities available via Russell on the way back to Opua
- 10.00am - Vessel arrives back in Opua, coach transfer back to Maritime Building
- 10.30am - 11.00am -Passengers arrive back at the maritime building
- From 11.00am - Time at leisure - make the most of your time in Paihia and explore this region in more detail
- 4.15pm - Coach option, Your coach will depart the Maritime Building at 4.20pm to Auckland
- 8pm (approx.) - Arrive Auckland (If option selected)
What to Bring
Swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, comfortable shoes, warm jackets, change of clothes, and a camera
The pricing changes between high and low season. High season is 1 Feb - 31st May and Low Season is 1 Sept - 31 Jan.
One child (2-14 years inclusive) sharing with one adult will be charged on an adult/child twin share basis. Rollaway option available at twin share rate. Infants (0-24months inclusive) travel for $20 (inc GST) for a porta cot.
Departure Time and Duration
- 7:30am from Auckland
- 11:30am from Paihia
Returns to original departure point
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Terms and Conditions
- All bookings not made locally should be reconfirmed with our office the day before departure.
- We reserves the right to cancel departures, arrange alternative transport, itineraries and services when necessary. Departures and itineraries are subject to sea and weather conditions. To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your property, disruption to travel plans, or mental injury is excluded. This exclusion is subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- For the comfort of all passengers and in accordance with New Zealand government legislation, smoking is not permitted on our vessels or tour coaches. Regular stops are made on tours for the comfort of all passengers.
- Entry fees and meals are not included except where stated.
- All prices stated are in New Zealand Dollars and include Goods and Services Tax. Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Children’s fares - Under 15 years. Infants under 5 years no charge (unless otherwise stated) when not occupying a seat, however please advise sales staff when an infant is travelling.