MILFORD SOUND NATURE CRUISES AND COACH FROM TE ANAU
Depart from New Zealand's Te Anau aboard a coach and passing by multiple displays of impressive scenery while headed towards Milford Sound to embark on a cruise that will send you on an unparalleled scenic adventure through this stunning fiord. Milford Sound ranks as a world-renowned natural wonder with mountains that stand tall and proudly, jutting directly out of the sea as luxurious rainforest clings to their sheer rock walls, and waterfalls tumble hundreds of metres into the sea below.
Whatever the climate or weather conditions in the fiord - be it brooding and wet or tranquil and sunny - we are sure the cruise will inspire you, and the package will provide one of the most memorable and best value-for-money experiences of the nature on display in New Zealand's south island.
- Extended and interactive full length fiord cruise
- Complimentary tea and coffee on board
- Queenstown glass-roofed coach connection
- Dedicated nature guide with specialist knowledge of the region's history, flora and fauna
- Wildlife viewing opportunities including seals, penguins and dolphins
Lunch is not included however can be pre-booked prior.
- Sandwich – ham. egg, tomato, lettuce, cheese
- Cheese and Crackers
- Piece of Fruit – Fresh Fruit of the season
- Dried Fruit
- Muesli Bar
- Juice Drink
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee available on all vessels
- Miso Soup
- Japanese Rice (Gohan)
- Karaage Chicken (Tori No Karaage), Salmon and Rock Salt (Shio Shake),
- Gingered Beef Stirfry (Sukiyaki), Japanese Sugared Sweet Potato (Daigakuimo), Vinegared Cucumber (Sumo nomo), Cooked * Cold Vegetables, Pickles (Tsukemono)
- Nigiri Sushi, Sushi Rolls (Maki Sushi), Tofu Pouch
- Japanese Salad (Sarada)
- Fresh Fruit
- Green Tea
Indian Lunch Box (vegetarian)
Available on selected departures Nov - Apr: 1.35pm from Milford Sound, 7.15am from Queenstown & 10.20am from Te Anau.
- Spring rolls, Samosas
- Onion Salad with Lettuce
- Vegetable Curry, Rice
- Naan bread
- Mango Pickle
- Fruit Selection
- Plain Yoghurt
- Ice cream
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee
If you require a vegetarian lunch, or have any other special dietary needs please add this into the comments box during the booking process.
Please order the lunch you would like when you make your booking.
Note: Lunch menus are indicative only.
Return luxury glass-roofed coach transport from Te Anau to Milford Sound with an extended Nature Cruise along the full length of the fiord to the Tasman Sea.
From Te Anau, travel by luxury coach along the spectacular Milford Road through impressive alpine scenery. There is time for photo stops and short walks along the way.
The coach driver provides a commentary and interpretation material is available in foreign languages.
On reaching Milford Sound board a Nature Cruise for a leisurely cruise the full length of the fiord to the Tasman Sea.
Nature Cruises have a relaxed and flexible itinerary that allows plenty of time to enjoy the scenery and wildlife and have special appeal for the independent traveller.
An on board nature guide with specialist knowledge of the region’s history, flora and fauna provides detailed interpretation in English with a roving microphone.
is plenty of time available to explore points of interest and view the spectacular alpine scenery including waterfalls, rainforest and the towering peaks; and keep a lookout for wildlife including seals, dolphins and penguins when in season.
Lunch options and complimentary tea and coffee are available on all vessels. Following the cruise return to Te Anau by luxury coach. Suitable for all ages.
What to Bring
Comfortable shoes, waterproof jacket, warm clothing and insect repellent.
This is a 6 hour, 45 minute round trip in winter and 7 hours 40 mins in summer.
- 8.00am (May - Sep)
- 9.50am (Oct - Apr)
What to bring
Non-slip shoes/boots, waterproof jacket, warm sweater/fleece jacket, sunscreen/sunglasses, insect repellent and camera.
All coaches are Volvo coaches with reclining seats and air-conditioning, purpose built for the Milford Road. All coaches feature glass roofs for spectacular viewing and also have sloping floors and angled seating to enhance viewing comfort.
Cruise Vessel Information
The Milford Sound Nature Cruises interchange between 2 vessels - Milford Mariner and Milford Wanderer. The Milford Mariner is a traditional style motor vessel with staysail and schooner-rigged sails. It has a dining saloon, observation lounge and three viewing deck. It holds up to 150 people and is 40 metres in length. The Milford Wanderer is of similar nature. This vessel has gaff-rigged ketch sails, 2 viewing decks and holds up to 90 people.
Foreign language interpretation hand-out sheets are available in 8 different languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Thai, Korean, Chinese and Japanese). This cruise is an English only commentary cruise.
Tour Operator Information
The tour operators details will be provided on your voucher upon completion of your booking. This includes the local telephone number once at the destination.
NZ School Holidays Promotion
- 10.30am (until 30 Apr), 12.55pm (1-5 May) & 1.35pm (until 30 Apr)* This special offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer or discount (unless specified)
- Kids Go free applies to children aged 0 – 18yrs (ie. school-aged)
- Children (maximum of two per adult) must be accompanied by a full fare-paying adult
- Meals, coach connections, flights, overnight cruises, underwater observatory and departures other than those listed are not included.