Ask your question
Write your review here
- Lady Elliott Island
- Snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef
- Scenic flight along the coastline
- Glass bottom boat tour
- View Manta Rays
- Buffet lunch including seafood
If you're a Gold Coaster or staying on the 'Coast' and your holiday time is limited with the Great Barrier Reef high on your checklist of things to see, this tour is for you. Lady Elliot is a true coral cay island located at the southern tip of the Great Barrier Reef. The island is regarded as one of the best diving and snorkelling locations on the reef and is famous for its unspoilt coral reef and amazing array of spectacular marine life. With exceptionally clear water year round, visitors will discover a diverse range of coral and colourful fish, and they might even encounter turtles, dolphins and more.
Step right off the plane and onto the beach to snorkel or swim in the world's richest marine eco-system. Come face to face with turtles, coral and schools of reef fish. The coral gardens surrounding the island are also a breeding and feeding area for the giant "kites of the reef" - manta rays. Many past guests have been fortunate to swim with these amazing creatures. Hosted by trained guides, you will spend the day snorkelling and fish feeding, exploring the reef on a glass bottom boat ride, reef and island walks, and enjoy a delicious buffet lunch. You can see all of this in one day from the Gold Coast and be able to tell your friends you snorkelled on the Great Barrier Reef!
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Return scenic air flights
- Personal guide
- 5 Hours for you to explore the island and reef
- Welcome drink/Orientation Island tour
- Snack box in the morning as you take off
- Glass bottom boat/guided snorkel tour
- Use of snorkel equipment (mask, snorkel, fins & wetsuit)
- Buffet Lunch (hot & cold buffet, champagne, wine, beer & soft drink)
- Towels, sunscreen, snorkel equipment and reef walking shoes provided
- Use of Day Guest facilities (storage lockers, shower facilities, towels, reef walking shoes)
- Environmental Management Charge
Complimentary guest transfers include Surfers Paradise Hotels and properties located along the Gold Coast Highway between the Southport Bridge and Coolangatta with the exception of Mercure Resort Gold Coast and the RACV Royal Pines Resort. Guests staying outside this area can be picked up from a designated meeting place within these perimeters
- Additional activities (eg. diving) on the island.
- The Lady Elliot Island Great Barrier Reef Day Trip is the only one of it's type in Australia
- View one of the most pristine sections of Australia's Great Barrier Reef from the air as well as from above and below the water
- Guided tour on one of our glass bottom boats
- Snorkel amongst the most amazing coral formations and marine creatures
- The coral gardens surrounding the island are a breeding and feeding area for the giant "kites of the sea" Manta Rays
- Your one day tour to the Great Barrier begins with a courtesy pickup from your Gold Coast hotel at approximately 6am. We take to the air for a 90 minute scenic coastal flight to Lady Elliot Island, a true Great Barrier Reef marvel!
Does not operate on Christmas Day 25th December.
The trip departs from the Gold Coast hangar at 6.45am and departs from Lady Elliot Island at 2.30pm
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Cost based on 2 or more passengers travelling. Single surcharge applies.
- Cannot be combined with other packages or specials
- Child age is 3-12 years inclusive
- 10kg luggage limit on all flights to/from Lady Elliot Island
- All activities are subject to weather and tide conditions
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher