CRADLE MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK TOUR FROM LAUNCESTON
Awaken your senses to the magnificent splendour that is Cradle Mountain... Go deep into the Tasmanian forest and experience the solitary wilderness of waterfalls, glacial lakes, rainforest, wildlife and unsurpassed beauty of this World Heritage listed National Park. Discover many walks throughout the rainforest - catch your breath as you first glimpse the craggy outcrop of majestic Cradle Mountain towering above sparkling Dove Lake plateau.
Our Cradle Mountain tours let you experience one of the principal tourist sites in Tasmania - a direct reflection of its degree of natural beauty. What is often referred to as "One of the world's best multi-day walks" begins here on the Overland Track that leads through a range of amazing landscapes and finishes at Australia's deepest lake, Lake St. Clair.
As one of the most popular wildlife areas of Tasmania to visit, Cradle Mountain is part of the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage area and is very popular for both its tours and walking tracks. Perhaps most significantly, the region is home to the iconic Tasmanian devil - a feature that can be said for few other tours on the planet. If the Tassie Devil wasn't enough, platypus and echidna are both also found in the area as well - keep your eyes peeled!
Book one of these unforgettable tours today!
Coach touring, professional tour guide and National Park entry fee.
Does not include lunch. This is at your own expense.
- Travel through green pastures South West of Launceston
- The mountains of the Great Western Tiers guide you towards Cradle Mountain National Park
- Pass quaint and historical towns of Carrick, Hagley and Westbury
- Scenic town of Deloraine - hub between Launceston and Devonport
- Travel further inland passing Australian Blue Gum and pine plantations
- Tour Sheffield - the town of murals
- Traverse through dense forest and mountainous terrain
- Cross the beautiful Cethana Dam made to support hydro scheme
- Look for wombats, potaroos and wallabies in Cradle Mountain National Park
- Stop at Cradle Village Cafe for lunch (own expense)
- Visit the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre for an appreciation of the Cradle Mountain National Park
- Take a short stroll along the Enchanted Forest Walk viewing pencil pine, lush forest and a spectacular waterfall
- Stand in awe as you take in the powerful and majestic Cradle Mountain reigning over the picturesque
- Dove Lake
- Take a short walk around Dove Lake taking in the views of Cradle Mountain (weather permitting)
- Visit Waldheim Chalet (the forest home) of Gustav Weindorfers
- Stop at Ashgrove Cheese Farm for some famous Tasmanian cheese
- Learn how cheese is made and sample the numerous varieties of cheese made on the premises.
This is a full day tour departing approximately 8.30am and retuning at 5.00pm. Departs Sunday, Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
What to bring
Bring your camera, spending money for lunch or your own packed lunch, comfy shoes and clothes and a water bottle.
This tour operates Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays and Sundays. Does not operate on Christmas Day. Children under 5 are FREE of charge.
Terms and conditions
50% cancellation fee within 72hrs, 100% fee within 24hrs.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher