BYRON BAY NIGHT VISION WALK
Join us on this Byron Bay night vision walk as we take full advantage of the latest military technology to provide you with a whole new perspective on the wildlife that inhabits the lush environments of this popular northern New South Wales region. Utilising high quality night vision goggles, we'll take you on a highly memorable walk through the habitats of nocturnal animals to observe them at their most active, then onwards to see a colony of glow worms illuminated in the dark of night - and cap it all off with a tasty hot chocolate at the top of Minyon Falls as we relax and gaze up at the clear, starry night sky!
An animal lover's heaven, we'll typically see a variety of cute and cuddly wildlife on the trip including Possums, Pademelons, Bandicoots, Tawny Frogmouths and Frogs as well as the occasional Koala and Owl, with more animal sightings during less moonlit periods. All equipment is provided, so simply bring your sense of adventure and enjoy this unbelievably unique tour!
- » Voucher instantly emailed
- » Print out your voucher
- » Present voucher at attraction
|Child (10-17yrs)||AUD $75.00|
|Family (2Ad + 2Ch)||AUD $300.00|
Arguably one of the best uses for military technology found to date. Our Night Vision Bushwalk is a truly unique experience - the only one of its kind in the world!
Use Night Vision Goggles to observe Australia’s nocturnal animals in their natural habitat, see a constellation of glow worms and after your walk enjoy a hot chocolate at the top of Minyon Falls gazing up at the starry night.
Heaven! We usually see 5-15 animals, typically Possum, Pademelon, Bandicoot, Tawny Frogmouth and Frogs. Occasionally we see Koala and Owl.
We get more animal sightings when there is less moonlight. Nature being nature animal sightings can not be guaranteed.
What to Bring
- The goggles usually fit over glasses, but people who wear glasses should wear contacts if at all possible.
- Wear a pair of sturdy covered shoes. Thongs and sandals are not acceptable.
- Bring a raincoat (the weather is changeable in the ranges).
- Bring water (600ml should be enough).
Approximately 3.5 hours. Depart Byron bay 20:00, return aprox 23:30
You will be picked up from your accommodation in Byron Bay.
There is a surcharge for other pickups. We take you to the Minyon Falls area of Nightcap National Park for your guided walk and then return you to your pick-up point.
- Night Vision Goggle hire
- Experienced Guide
- Park Fees
- Hot Chocolate and Cookie
Terms and Conditions
Minimum of 2 people - Maximum of 6. Anyone under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs will not be permitted on the walk (this is for your safety). Anyone over 10 years old; who can walk for 1-2km without help.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher