Its that time again! Brisbane EKKA 2012 is here!
Calling all green thumbs, foodies, thrill seekers and animal lovers – there is something for everyone and fun things to do with the whole family at the Brisbane EKKA. While you are all together in Brisbane for the EKKA there are all sorts of other fun activities to continue the enjoyment after your visit to the show. You could all climb the Brisbane Storey Bridge, head off to Tangalooma Island, visit the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, settle the score with a paintball war or admire the panoramic views from the Wheel of Brisbane!
Not far down the road, of course there are the Gold Coast Theme Parks and there is no better time to see whales at play on the Humpback Highway on a Gold Coast whale watchingcruise. If you are heading off to the Brisbane EKKA why not make a weekend out of being together and get out there for some serious fun with the family!
Brisbane EKKA 2012 runs from the 9th-18th of August.
HERE ARE SOME EKKA FUN FACTS…
- 40,000 oysters were eaten at EKKA 2011
- The first EKKA was held in August 1876
- 1950 saw the debut of the iconic Strawberry Sundae
- EKKA is Queenslands largest marketplace with over 400 retailers and 400,000 visitors!
- There are 10,000 animals at EKKA!
- The RNA Showgrounds is 22 Hectares
- Ekka 2011 gate revenue reached an all time record of $6.5 Million