THE ROCK OVERNIGHT CRUISE
The Rock Overnight Cruise is an ingenious, purpose-built floating houseboat! This unique boat cruise offers guests the chance to truly experience all that the beautiful Bay of Islands has to offer. It is amazing how much unforgettable fun you can squeeze into 22 hours!
Our dedicated, professional crew are on hand for your enjoyment, your comfort and your safety, they are passionate about what they do and love to share this beautiful part of the world with guests. This amazing vessel is well equipped with facilities including an open fire; our spacious bar area has a pool table and piano - perfect for cosy jam sessions around the fire! You can look forward to a lot of good laughs, great company, music and games in a warm “feel good” atmosphere. The cruise includes a fantastic range of activities - kayaking is always a winner! The sheltered waters around the island are generally calm and easy-going for learners and our helpful crew will help you get on your way. Other favourite Bay of Islands activity highlights include, snorkelling, fishing at dusk and kayaking at night amongst the glimmering phosphorescence, followed by a delicious BBQ dinner under the stars. The Rock Cruise is designed to give you ample time so that you can see, do and experience so much more of the Bay of Islands! Whether you want to see the local wildlife, explore an island, soak up the sun, or partake in a friendly game of beach cricket, its all at your fingertips. There is plenty of free time for you to do your own thing and you can choose to be as busy or as laid back as you like!
If you are looking for a boat trip where you are not just a passenger, then The Rock will be an adventure that you will never forget!
- » Voucher instantly emailed
- » Print out your voucher
- » Present voucher at attraction
|Per Person for Shared Cabin (maximum 5 guests)||AUD $156.03|
|Double Private Cabin for 1 person||AUD $336.97|
|Double Private Cabin for 2 persons||AUD $361.87|
|Family Private Cabin for 2 persons||AUD $657.35|
|Family Private Cabin for 3 persons||AUD $673.95|
|Family Private Cabin for 4 persons||AUD $690.55|
|Group Private Cabin for 5 persons||AUD $936.23|
|Group Private Cabin for 6 persons||AUD $936.23|
- Overnight cruise through the Bay of Islands
- Breakfast and dinner
- Guided activities - kayaking, fishing, snorkelling.
- Boarding begins at 5pm from the Paihia Wharf (4pm outside Daylight Savings)
- Introductions and safety brief
- Cruise into the island for a couple of hours
- Shooting competition
- Or just play pool and enjoy the scenery
- Trolling for Kahawai, a type of sea trout
- Drop anchor for the evening in a quiet bay
- Dusk fishing for Snapper
- BBQ buffet dinner as the sun sets
- Night kayaking in the phosphorescence
- Music, bar, pool table or swapping stories around the open log fire
- Night swimming
- Star and planet viewing
- Quiet boat after 12pm
- Breakfast bell at 8am
- Cruising further around the islands
- Snorkelling and collecting seafood on an outer reef (if sea conditions allow)
- Cruise to an island for our lunchtime visit.
- Island walk
- Exploring the island by kayak or snorkelling or swimming or just relaxing on beach
- Lunch on the beach
- Lift anchor and begin cruising home (approx 1pm)
- Seafood tasting
- Trolling for fish
- Arrive back in Paihia approx 3pm (or 2pm outside Daylight Savings)
- Spacious and open downstairs living area that includes a bar, dining area, lounge, pool table, piano and open fire.
- Night Kayaking amongst the phosphorescence!
- Fishing at Dusk (maybe catch your dinner!)
- Snorkelling and possibly gathering fresh seafood!
- Friendly dedicated crew
The Rock features a spacious and open downstairs living area that includes a bar, dining area, lounge, pool table, piano and open fire. The exterior open deck is the ideal platform for fishing, target shooting, swimming, kayaking and snorkelling. Upstairs all cabins have sea views and doors that open onto observation decks perfect for viewing the scenery or wildlife.
Maximum 36 guests.
What to Bring
- A packed lunch (unless you have one included in your package)
- Nibbles and snacks (We eat as the sun goes down so this can be late!)
- Towels (unless you have one included in your package)
- Warm Jacket(New Zealand weather can change quickly)
- Camera (you can charge them onboard)
- Bring just an overnight bag (if possible as we have limited space due to being a boat)
- Walking shoes, sandals are fine
- Please NO hiking boots to be worn onboard
- Extra cash for the bar (sorry no credit card facilities onboard)
- Absolutely NO drugs or alcohol to be brought onboard The Rock
- Ladies, your time aboard The Rock is a hairdryer/straightener free zone. One hairdryer uses as much power as more than 80 household lights! This is due to our limited power supply, our generator or battery bank can only provide enough power for your one hairdryer or enough power for every other electrical appliance onboard The Rock.
Meet the crew at Paihia Wharf
Driving directions from Auckland - Take State Highway 1 north out of Auckland. (This is the main North/South Motorway that runs through Auckland.) From Kawakawa the Bay of Islands is signposted. The Paihia Wharf is in the middle of the small township and is easy to spot on your right hand side as you drive into town.
- Target Shooting
- Explore the Islands
- Bar - drinks available from onboard bar
- T Shirts
All other meals are included in our standard rate, for convenience we also offer a picnic lunch option for the second day of the cruise. Please note lunch must be ordered at least 24 hours in advance of cruising. Choice of beef, ham or vegetarian sandwiches, fresh fruit, muesli bar, chocolate brownie and a soft drink.
Families and Children
Families with children of all ages are welcome on our cruises. However we require that families with children under the age of 16 take a private cabin for the comfort of both the children and the other guests onboard.
Terms and Conditions
- Due to licensing regulations absolutely NO alcohol is to be brought aboard the vessel. We have full bar facilities aboard The Rock.
- All luggage and personal effects are at all times your own responsibility.
- Minimum number of 10 guests. Should the minimum numbers not be reached we reserve the right to cancel the trip and offer guests a full refund of the cruise price or transfer to another cruise date.
- All departures, activities & itineraries are subject to weather, tides & sea conditions